We all have days where we get in from a busy day at work and the last thing we want to do is cook a big dinner for the whole family. However, even though you might be completely exhausted, it is still better to try and cook something from scratch as it will be a lot healthier than relying on calorific takeouts and ready meals.
Looking for some delicious and easy healthy dinner recipes that won’t take you too long to cook after work? Here are some of my favorite ideas!
Lemon Pesto Pasta
This recipe takes about 20 minutes and will make enough for 4 people.
- 8 ounces of your favorite pasta shape
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups of chopped up broccoli
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of pesto
- Juice of half a lemon
- A handful of fresh basil
- ¼ cup of feta cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Boil the broccoli for 1-2 minutes until just cooked. Drain the water away and return to the pan.
- Put the pan over a medium heat and add the tomatoes, garlic, and pasta. Saute for a few minutes.
- Mix in the pesto and lemon juice.
- Take off the heat and then sprinkle the feta cheese on top. You can grill this using one of the recommended toasters on ToastHQ so the cheese melts slightly and creates a topping.
- Serve straight away.
Did you know it’s possible to prepare risotto in under 20 minutes? It’s true! Follow this recipe and you’ll make enough food for 6 people.
- 2 lbs of fresh tomatoes
- 4 peeled and chopped shallots
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- 2 cups of risotto rice
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 3 grated cloves of garlic
- ½ cup of parmesan cheese
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- Grate or finely chop the tomatoes. You’ll be left with a lot of pulp, but that’s exactly what you need.
- Turn your pressure cooker onto a medium heat.
- Once the cooker is warm, add a little oil and the shallots and garlic.
- Once the shallots are starting to turn brown at the edges, add the rice and stir well so that it all gets coated in the oil. Let it cook for 2 minutes,
- Pour in the glass of white wine, grated tomatoes, butter, and season well. Mix this all together until well combined.
- Put the lid on the pressure cooker and lock it. Leave this on a high pressure for around 10 minutes. After this time, depressurize the cooker and then remove the lid.
- Mix the risotto to ensure that everything has been combined. You can then stir in the two kinds of cheese to bring it all together. Enjoy!
Are you looking for an easy vegan recipe you can cook in a hurry? Well, if so, this chickpea soup is the perfect meal for you! It is especially comforting in the winter. Oh, and did I mention that it’s also gluten-free?! This recipe should make around 6-8 servings.
- 1 small white onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and grated
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 cans of chickpeas
- 5 cups of vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cup of chopped spinach
- Chilli flakes, to taste
- Heat a little oil in a saucepan and gently cook the onions and garlic over a medium heat. After 5 minutes, add the carrot and cook for a further five minutes.
- Once the mix in the pan starts to be quite fragrant, you should add in the chickpeas, tomato puree, and vegetable stock. Cook for a further minute before adding the cumin, coriander, and ginger. If you are also adding some chili flakes for flavor, you should add them in now.
- Turn down the heat so that the pan is on low. Add the spinach to the pan.
- Keep on cooking the soup for three to four minutes until the spinach is soft.
- Season with some salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!
Hopefully, you will really enjoy all of the recipes in this blog post. If not, though, don’t panic; I’m sure you will easily be able to find something delicious and tasty by doing a quick search online. It’s also worth buying some cookbooks as you will find a lot more inspiration in them. Before you know it, you’ll be coming up with your very own hearty recipes!