A day in the life of a mother can be a serious struggle. From cleaning the house, caring for the kids, managing the finances, juggling a career, making time for hubby, and mix in a little global pandemic, it is no wonder we are all left so stressed by the end of the day. However, finding ways to deal with stress, is a stress in itself. I mean have you ever tried to search online for products to relieve stress, it can be overwhelming.
However, If you are looking for a stress relief product to help you get some needed relief and make your body feel good as well, I may have the solution for you. Below is a review of my favorite stress relief lotion, tried and tested for the best review possible.
What is Stress Relief Lotion?
Stress relief lotion is a body lotion that has the ability to calm and relax you all while moisturizing your skin at the same time. Companies like Aveeno, Bath and Body Works and Aveda make lotions that contain essential oils like lavender and eucalyptus. So the lotions work almost in the same way as aromatherapy.
What Does Stress Relief Lotion Do?
- Due to the fact that stress relief lotions contain scents like lavender and essential oils, rubbing the lotion on your skin provides many benefits. Eucalyptus contains eucalyptol which is said to have anxiety-reducing properties and has been proven in studies to reduce stress.
- Lavender, when inhaled can not only help promote sleep, it is also effective at reducing stress. It can also treat skin blemishes, so having it in a skin lotion or cream is beneficial.
Best Stress Relief Lotion
Stress Relief Eucalyptus Spearmint Body Lotion
If you are like me then you may enjoy splurging every now and then on your bath and body products. I don’t mind spending the money to make sure I get squeaky clean, my body smells fresh, or my skins looks good.
Bath and Body Works has a large selection of stress relief products; from lotions, to hand sanitizers, to bath wash. One of the first things I notice about their products is the delicious smells. Who doesn’t want to smell good and I mean the added benefits of stress relief are great.
Their eucalyptus spearmint stress relief lotion provides a nourishing cream that moisturizes the skin while the essential aromatherapy oil provides a calming effect.
The scent is nice and pleasant, it smells so fresh and clean. I am picky when it comes to buying lotions so one of the first things you notice is the smell. The lotion is thick enough to moisturize your skin but doesn’t leave a greasy feeling. You more than likely only have to apply it once a day.
The smell is calming and has worked for many people to relieve their stress. As a mother, I like it because it is another great way to get stress relief that is convenient and easy to apply.
Product Description: Ultra-creamy, nourishing body lotion is formulated to give skin long-lasting moisture while an aromatherapy blend of natural ingredients and essential oils benefits body, mind, and mood. Breathe deeply for best results.
Some of the ingredients include:
water, glycerin, glyceryl, fragrance, alkyl benzoate cetyl alcohol, dimethicone, isohexadecane, stearic acid, eucalyptus globulus leaf oil, citrus nobillia, mandarin orange peel oil, Euterpe oleracea fruit extract, Oryza satica bran oil, hydrolyzed milk protein, petroleum
Notes: Eucalyptus Essential Oil clears the mind while Spearmint Essential Oil uplifts.
Note: Product was not tested on animals
- Promotes stress relief
- Long-lasting moisturizing lotion
- Great Eucalyptus smell
- No greasy Feeling
- The bottle is easy to use
- Bottle is heavy
- Not available Worldwide
- Hard to travel with
- Price is high
Common Questions/FAQ About Stress Relief Lotion
When researching a product online, there are often a few questions you want to be answered before making a final decision. Here are a few of the most common questions about stress relief lotions and that answers that I have found to be most useful.
Does this lotion really relieve stress?
- Short answer, yes it does!
- This lotion because of the eucalyptus seems to have a soothing and calming effect on your body. Since the scent is strong enough for you to smell it, once applied, it works very similarly to aromatherapy allowing you to inhale the scent which allows you to get the benefit of the eucalyptus, thus relieving stress.
Where do you put stress relief lotion?
- It is said that this lotion can be applied anywhere you need to relax and unwind. This means that the lotion can be enjoyed all over your body when applied gently using circular motions. You can also massage it in for the added benefit, just do not apply this lotion to your face, it is meant for the body.
- Is Stress Relief Lotion safe?
- Since stress relief lotions contain essential oils, it is best to do a patch test to know if you are allergic to the ingredients being used before applying it to a large area of skin.
- Also, some essential oils are not safe during the first trimester of pregnancy, so always speak with your health care physician if you are pregnant or have any underlying health issues when using products with essential oils.
The Last Thing You Need to Know about Stress Relief Lotion
If you are looking for a lotion to relieve stress that is not only great smelling but feels good on your skin, I recommend you pick up Bath and Body Works Eucalyptus Spearmint Stress Relief Lotion.
Bath and Body Works makes quality products that have great smells and they didn’t slack with this one. I have tried a lot of different lotions and some leaves that greasy unpleasant feeling. With this product, you don’t have to worry about that.
Another thing I enjoy about this product is the easy pushdown top. I have neuropathy so anything that causes me pain, I do not enjoy using. Have you ever used those lotion bottles where you tip the lotion over and you pour too much out? Or the lotion is too thick and you find your self-hitting the bottle against your hand. That is not something you will find yourself doing here.
However, you do have to remember this bottle is not really something you can take on the go. Other than that there is no reason for you not to enjoy the benefits of this lotion.
We would love to hear from you: Do you have a favorite stress-relieving product? What do you look for when choosing a lotion?
DISCLAIMER: THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The Site cannot and does not contain medical/health advice. The medical/health information is provided for general informational and educational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice. Accordingly, before taking any actions based upon such information, we encourage you to consult with the appropriate professionals. We do not provide any kind of medical/health advice. THE USE OR RELIANCE OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. For more info read our Disclaimer.